The wind in your hair, the spray of salt water over the bow, the anticipation of a monstrous tug at the end of your tackle, the thought of catching something that would take more than 5 people to carry, that image of showing a picture of you and a fish with a body length longer than yours. Nausea?….Hopefully not. Here are 9 other things you might expect on your deep sea fishing trip.
1. Nothing shallow. As the word deep means, you will be setting off on a boat to deeper waters that are more than 30 meters deep. This will definitely bring you a certain distance away from dry land so make sure you have everything you need with you.
2. Expect that your fishing expedition will be dependent on weather conditions; wind that adversely affects the waters wave strength plays a great role in navigation. Your skipper will tell you more about this as deep sea fishing is inherently dangerous. But given the right precautionary measures, risks are minimized. If your trip is cancelled due to these reasons, no need to feel blue, fishing charters can immediately set your trip to another date and time so you can wet your line and enjoy it safely.
3. Deep sea boats are much bigger than the ones used for inshore fishing. They are made of sturdier quality to be able to withstand the elements of the open sea such as strong winds and waves. They are also made larger to accommodate those hundred pound monsters you that your tackle will hook.
4. Deep sea fishing is more physical than inshore fishing. If you are accustomed to sitting on your buttocks with one hand on the pole and the other with a can of beer, think again. Deep sea fishing will take more than all hands on deck. When you hook that first catch, it will be more than a jerk you can handle with one hand. The fish are bigger and swim stronger than inshore fish.
5. Different set of rods. Deep sea fishing utilizes the same equipment only with different specs. The tackle is more tolerant to sea water as salt tends to cause corrosion faster compared to normal inshore or freshwater equipment. Lines are made more durable to withstand game weight and pull. Multiplier reels also take place of the conventional reel to eradicate friction. The different gears let you have a more stable and stronger hold of your line as you reel your 100 pounder out of the water and on to your boat.
6. Run INS. Expect to meet more than your average pond frogs, or local lake creatures. You are in the open sea! Where you may get the chance to see the good, the bad and the ugly of the deep blue sea. Dolphins, manatees, puffer fish, and yes sharks! No need to feel anxious about this possible run in, fishing charters and your skipper are very knowledgeable of deep sea fishing spots and will ensure absolutely safe.
7. Expect action. Deep sea fishing is action packed. Strong gusts of winds and waves will make sure you get your adrenalin pumping, and you take it a notch higher as you hook your first catch. Expect of course that you will get wet and sweaty as you tirelessly reel in your fishing trophy for the day.
8. You will be expertly guided and coached throughout your adventure by experienced individuals who have the endeavor for the sport. Deep sea fishing is a totally relaxing sport and with the best fishing buddies on board, you wouldn’t need to worry at all.
9. Expect amazing feats of visual satisfaction. Be ready to capture them on camera as you will be flanked by a number of memorable experiences on your trip. The beauty of the open sea, the rich and abundant marine wildlife and of course that moment when you bag the first catch of the day.
Deep sea fishing is a total experience for lovers of the sport. There is so much to see and experience in this adventure. This activity will totally take your mind off the inertia of life in the city. More than that, it also lets you add more to your personal achievements.