A fishing rod or a fishing pole is the main equipment attached in the whole mechanism of a fishing tool. This pole or stick is used for suspending a line with a hooked lure or bait. Classically these fishing rods were made of bamboos, while now days these are commonly made of fiberglass or carbon fiber. In the due course of time fishing rods have undergone some revolutionary changes. Users are offered with different types of rods are available for different types of fishing. Here are the most preferred nine types of fishing rods that are often used my anglers:
1. Spinning Rods: Spinning rods are by far the most common types of rods. Fishermen prefer this kind as it is easily available in the market. These are perfectly fitted for both heavyweight and lightweight fishing. These rods can perform really well while catching walleye, bass and trout. The rods are devised with such strength and durability which powered enough to withstand the pressure or stress exerted by the fish on the-rod. This kind is designed as an eggbeater reel, while it is also useful for retrieving and casting baits and lures. The usual length of a spin rod is between 1.6m to 2.5m.
2. Jigging Rods: Jigging rods are perfect on commercial boats as they can easily handle large baits and heavy lures. These rods are sound enough to tackle the changing currents of ocean as these are made of very strong and solid material.
3. Surf Rods: Surf rods are the longest ones and they are also heavier then others as well. As these fishing rods are longest among others so they are little heavier than others. And because of their length and strength, surf rods are useful for catching big fishes. These rods come with a length of some where between 3m to 4.2m.
4. Carbon Fiber Rods: Carbon fiber fishing rods are hi-tech rods and these are mainly used for coarse fishing. These rods are made of a variety of carbon fibers. Fisherman can attach baits with these rods in such a manner that it will help them to catch big fishes.
5. Fly Rods: These kinds of fishing rods are perfectly fitted for catching fresh water fishes like halibut, salmon and trout. Fly rods are contrived mostly with carbon graphite. The three different types of fly-rods include:
· Bamboo Fly Rods: These are mostly preferred by anglers who go for local fishes. These rods are durable as well as are suitable for most kinds of fishing situations. Bamboo fishing rods are very flexible and lightweight and thus have got an upper hand over the others.
· Graphite Fly Rods: These are a little stiff and thus these are strong and effective. Anglers love graphite rods for their strength and performance while these rods are also available in various designs and patterns.
· Fiberglass Fly Rods: These are not so popular among anglers. As these are heavier than the other ones so they don’t really attract anglers. But the best part is these are awesomely durable and thus cost friendly as well.
6. Tenkara Rods: These are smart ones that come with a combination of other types. These rods have all the facilities of carbon rods, fly rods, and telescopic rods. The length of these rods range from 11 to 13 feet. Tenkara rods are best know for their portability as these are of very light weight and their availability are also high.
7. Game Fishing Rods: These are fitted for deeper saltwater game fishing and these fishing rods are designed in such a way that they can catch large fishes like pelagic fish. Such rods are thick and don’t bent that easily.
8. Boat Rods: These are not on mainstream fishing rods and are considered to be a subclass spin category. These are basically heavier and shorter than other rods and are mostly used in saltwater fishing.
9. Trout Fishing Rods: Trout fishing is a popular fishing sport and that’s why anglers offer with The length of a trout fishing rod ranges from 7 to 10 feet. These rods are lighter than bass fishing rods. Most of them are made of granite and sometimes fiberglass.
Apart from the above mentioned fishing rods, there are others as well including crappie, bass, ice, sea, and ultra light.